How can we help take control of your Super choice
Many Australians are now free to choose their own superannuation funds instead of automatically becoming members of their employer fund. This is known as super choice, or choice of fund.
But what does it really mean for you and what difference does it make?
Common questions to consider
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- What is a choice of fund?
- Am I eligible to choose my super fund? If so, what do I do?
- What is a ‘default’ fund?
- What happens if my employer doesn’t make contributions to the fund I choose?
- What happens if I don’t make a choice or make an invalid choice?
- When will my employer start making payments into my Choice Fund?
- Can my employer reject my choice of super fund?
- How often can I switch to another super fund?
How we can help
- Advise if choice of superannuation fund laws affect you.
- Review the performance of your current superannuation
- Make recommendations about your super arrangements, based on your goals and circumstances.
- Recommend alternative fund providers – superannuation products.
- Review any insurance opportunities including buying insurance through your superannuation fund.
Want to know more.
If you need help with personalised advice on financial planning, be it wealth strategies or protection for you or your family, or a need to discuss your present or future retirement options give us a call today on 03 6343 1007.
Copyright © FinancialPartners Blog All Rights Reserved
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.
FinancialPartners (Tas) Pty Ltd ABN 26 160 284 739 is an Authorised Representative and Credit Representative of AMP Financial Planning Pty Limited ABN 89 051 208 327 Australian Financial Services Licence 232706 and Australian Credit Licence 232706.
‘This blog post contains information that is general in nature. It does not not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. Because of this, before acting on any advice, you need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information.
If you decide to purchase or vary a financial product, your financial adviser, AMP Financial Planning and other companies within the AMP Group may receive fees and other benefits. The fees will be a dollar amount and/ or a percentage of either the premium you pay or the value of your investment. Please contact us if you want more information.’