Family matters: Getting married
Getting married is an exciting time in life but it can also be a time of significant financial change.
Common questions to consider
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- How do we set a budget for our dream wedding?
- What are the joint financial decisions we should be thinking about now we are getting married?
- Do we need a Will when we are married?
- What types of insurance do we need?
- I am remarrying. Are there any special financial considerations?
- What is a prenuptial agreement?
- Are there any tax minimisation strategies for married couples?
How we can help
As you prepare to get married, you may need to review your finances and make financial decisions as a couple. Things to consider are your financial situation, needs, goals and objectives, as well as your insurance, investments and Wills.
- Review and help you set goals and time frames.
- Review and analyse your joint income and spending patterns.
- Review financial commitments and debts.
- Review your individual and joint investments.
- Identify opportunities to save money.
- Recommend savings or investment products to achieve your goals.
- Review, recommend and arrange appropriate insurance.
- Identify if you need to talk to a solicitor about a new Will.
Want to know more.
If you need help with personalised advice on financial planning, be it wealth strategies or protection for you or your family, or a need to discuss your present or future retirement options give us a call today on 03 6343 1007.
Copyright © FinancialPartners Blog All Rights Reserved
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.
FinancialPartners (Tas) Pty Ltd ABN 26 160 284 739 is an Authorised Representative and Credit Representative of AMP Financial Planning Pty Limited ABN 89 051 208 327 Australian Financial Services Licence 232706 and Australian Credit Licence 232706.
‘This blog post contains information that is general in nature. It does not not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. Because of this, before acting on any advice, you need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information.
If you decide to purchase or vary a financial product, your financial adviser, AMP Financial Planning and other companies within the AMP Group may receive fees and other benefits. The fees will be a dollar amount and/ or a percentage of either the premium you pay or the value of your investment. Please contact us if you want more information.’