Family matters: Getting married
Getting married is an exciting time in life but it can also be a time of significant financial change.
Common questions to consider
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- How do we set a budget for our dream wedding?
- What are the joint financial decisions we should be thinking about now we are getting married?
- Do we need a Will when we are married?
- What types of insurance do we need?
- I am remarrying. Are there any special financial considerations?
- What is a prenuptial agreement?
- Are there any tax minimisation strategies for married couples?
How we can help
As you prepare to get married, you may need to review your finances and make financial decisions as a couple. Things to consider are your financial situation, needs, goals and objectives, as well as your insurance, investments and Wills.
- Review and help you set goals and time frames.
- Review and analyse your joint income and spending patterns.
- Review financial commitments and debts.
- Review your individual and joint investments.
- Identify opportunities to save money.
- Recommend savings or investment products to achieve your goals.
- Review, recommend and arrange appropriate insurance.
- Identify if you need to talk to a solicitor about a new Will.