Want to consolidate with Australia’s favourite for super?
At AMP we offer three ways to bring your super together. Each takes just a few minutes. And they’re all free.
- If you already know your other super account details, you can start bringing that money together into your AMP account.
- If you don’t have all the details of your other super accounts, we can help you find them and consolidate with your AMP super account. All we’ll need are your contact details, date of birth and AMP account number.
- If you think you might have super you’ve forgotten about, we can help you look.
Benefits of consolidating
For most Australians, by the time we retire, super will represent one of our biggest assets. It’s real money and by consolidating you could:
- save money—one super fund means one set of fees, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars each year and thousands over a lifetime
- save time—having one fund is easier to keep track of with less paperwork and administration
- find money you didn’t know about—you can conduct a lost super search as part of your consolidation
- have better control of your investments—with one fund it’s easier to manage an investment strategy to meet your needs.
Things you should know
More and more of our customers are benefiting from super consolidation and you could too. But before you consolidate, it’s a good idea to consider the following points:
- Will you pay any Exit or Withdrawal fees from your existing super fund?
- If you hold insurance in your existing fund and want to keep it, can it be transferred? Insurance cover is not automatically transferred when you consolidate. It will generally be cancelled, so make sure the insurance in your new fund meets your needs. Check the features to ensure that you are not losing anything that are important to you in your existing funds.
To find out the details of your current fund, you can either check your annual statement or contact the super fund.
Tax deductions: If you’ve made an after-tax contribution to the fund you’d like to move money from, you may be eligible to claim a tax deduction. You can only claim a tax deduction before exiting the fund. Find out more by reading the ‘notice of intent’ guide or call us on 03 6343 1007.
If you are an existing client of FinancialPartners then click on the following link.
Start bringing your super together today
Want to know more.
If you need help with personalised advice on financial planning, be it wealth strategies or protection for you or your family, or a need to discuss your present or future retirement options give us a call today on 03 6343 1007.
Copyright © FinancialPartners Blog All Rights Reserved
Feel free to copy and share this but include the entire article and reference back to this site thanks.
FinancialPartners (Tas) Pty Ltd ABN 26 160 284 739 is an Authorised Representative and Credit Representative of AMP Financial Planning Pty Limited ABN 89 051 208 327 Australian Financial Services Licence 232706 and Australian Credit Licence 232706.
‘This blog post contains information that is general in nature. It does not not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. Because of this, before acting on any advice, you need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information.
If you decide to purchase or vary a financial product, your financial adviser, AMP Financial Planning and other companies within the AMP Group may receive fees and other benefits. The fees will be a dollar amount and/ or a percentage of either the premium you pay or the value of your investment. Please contact us if you want more information.’